Nut,usb and installation

david walcroft david_walcroft at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 25 02:42:31 UTC 2005

david walcroft wrote:
> Markku Kolkka wrote:
>
>> david walcroft kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika sunnuntai, 25.
>> syyskuuta 2005 00:37):
>>
>>> # If the UPS is locally attached set it to "yes"
>>> SERVER=yes
>>> # Model of the UPS (filename to call for it, without path)
>>> # Example - one of
>>> #       apcsmart        - APC SMartUPS and similar
>>> #       fentonups       - Fenton UPS
>>> #       optiups
>>> #       bestups
>>> #       genericups
>>> #       ups-trust425+625
>>> #  upsdrvctl
>>> # You MUST change this, or set SERVER to "no"
>>> # To support multiple drivers, set MODEL=upsdrvctl
>>> MODEL=Powermate-3105
>>

>> The "MODEL" parameter does _not_ mean the actual model of your ups,
>> you must set it to the nut driver used for your UPS (or "upsdrvctl").
>>

>>> # UPS device - needed if UPS is locally attached
>>> DEVICE=/dev/ttyS0
>>

>> Wasn't your UPS connected through USB, not the serial port?
>>
> Ok, I'll set up with MODEL=genericups, but I'm not sure what USB uses
> for connections <socket> <port> and how to determine the same for a
> config file.
>
> Thanks for all you help Markku.
>                                 david

For what it's worth this is at restart in s-c-services:

ups failed. The error was: Stopping UPS monitor: [FAILED]
Stopping upsd: [FAILED]
Shutting down genericups: [FAILED]
Starting genericups: Network UPS Tools - Generic UPS driver 1.30 (2.0.2)
[FAILED]
Starting upsd: Network UPS Tools upsd 2.0.2
[FAILED]
Starting UPS monitor (master): [  OK  ]

               david