Imap: no login... ps aux - imapd.pid -nodnslookup -noidentlookup

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Sep 25 03:32:23 UTC 2005

Am So, den 25.09.2005 schrieb Jared Hall um 3:06:

> fedora users
>
> I'm a having trouble getting imap to authenticate users and/or
> passwords on my Debian system.  I know you all are die hard for
> fedora, but since this is not operating system specific and I'm going
> nuts, I'm posting this message everywhere.

Right, you know this does not belong to this list (Fedora does not ship
Courier IMAP, and we even won't/can't handle Debian user support).
Please use the communication ports of the OS / distribution you run.

> Jared

a) check the log
b) check the IMAP capability announcement: a01 capability
c) check your auth setup; make sure the mech you try is configured and
available (here: login); could be limited to TLS use only
d) read http://www.courier-mta.org/authlib/?README.authdebug.html
e) no, the options "-nodnslookup -noidentlookup" do no harm

Alexander

Serendipity 05:25:34 up 4 days, 13:11, load average: 0.11, 0.16, 0.29