Nut,usb and installation

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Sun Sep 25 10:53:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005, david walcroft wrote:

> Matthew Saltzman wrote:
>>
>> What's in /etc/sysconfig/ups?
>>
> Information requested in the attachment.
>
>   david

Reproduced here.

> # If the UPS is locally attached set it to "yes"
> SERVER=yes
> # Model of the UPS (filename to call for it, without path)
> # Example - one of
> #       apcsmart        - APC SMartUPS and similar
> #       fentonups       - Fenton UPS
> #       optiups
> #       bestups
> #       genericups
> #       ups-trust425+625
> #  upsdrvctl
> # You MUST change this, or set SERVER to "no"
> # To support multiple drivers, set MODEL=upsdrvctl
> MODEL=Powermate-3105

This parameter can't be just anything--it needs to be the name of the nut
driver that handles your UPS.  I don't see Powermate listed in the README
in /usr/share/nut-*/ and I don't see it in the compatibility list at
http://www.networkupstools.org/compat/.  So you need to figure out if
the protocol used by your Powermate is compatible with any of the listed
devices.  If so, use that driver.  If not, try MODEL=genericups and see if
that gets you anywhere.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences