printer hangs when host application exits in FC4

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Sep 25 13:42:10 UTC 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 09:04:50AM +0100, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is related to my previous post about hanging
> printer. I noticed that after giving the print
> command, if I close the host application, printer
> stops in the middle of its printing job.
>
> for example:
> ---------------
> 1) open "Document1.odt" with openoffice
> 2) print the document.
> 3) exit openoffice while its in the middle of
> printing, now printing stops printing and goes back to
> rest without ejecting or continuing the paper.
>
> It applies to any applications I am using currently.
> Seems like something wrong with printer queue.
> Normally this sould not happen.
>
> Any Idea, Suggestion on what's wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Deepak K. Shrestha

You having some problems indeed. By the way, from a previous question
I recently found that 2/3 of our 50 lab machines can't mount floppies
as normal users. Fedora is really strange.

But I can't stop asking. What printer is this you are using?

Fidelity, n.:
	A virtue peculiar to those who are about to be betrayed.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484