fedora-list Digest, Vol 19, Issue 189

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Sun Sep 25 16:05:58 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 15:59 +0530, Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:10:47 +0530, <fedora-list-request at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> ..Snipped
> > If you just want to be able to compile modules for a Fedora kernel,
> > you'll need the kernel-devel package of the same version as that kernel.
> > Otherwise, source RPMs are provided on most mirrors in the SRPMs
> > directory. For example, on Red Hat's main mirror it's as follows:
> > http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/SRPMS/
> > Hope that helps!
>
> That server contains only 'src' rpm for FC4 test version
> kernel-2.6.11-1.1369.src.rpm.For later kernels,there is none on the
That kernel version was the FC4 release version.
> server.In-fact, rpmfind.net returns no source for a 'src' package for the
> latest kernel.

Maybe because very few are using the src packages and they are routinely
distributed by Fedora and mirrors. They are not available on all the
other sites.

They are readily available at
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/SRPMS/
(the distribution kernel) and
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/4/SRPMS/
(all the updated kernel releases) and on all the fedora mirrors the same
way.

If you want to be able to install the sources you can easily download
the file via http from the site I gave above and use rpm to install it.