/etc/sysconfig/harddisks isn't read

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Sun Sep 25 17:10:30 UTC 2005

Hello,

I use /etc/sysconfig/harddisks to tweak my laptop's HD parameters.  In
previous RHL and Fedora distros, it's always worked, but I've recently
discovered that in FC4, the parameters in /etc/sysconfig/harddisks are
simply being ignored.

Here's what I have in the file (minus comments):

USE_DMA=1
MULTIPLE_IO=16
EIDE_32BIT=1
LOOKAHEAD=1
EXTRA_PARAMS='-u1'

I can use hdparm to change the same parameters (which works), but they
don't survive reboots.  That's why I need the harddisks file.

Is this working for anyone else?  Has something changed in FC4 that I'm
not aware of?

Regards,

Ranbir
--