school room network

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 22:52:15 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 16:29, Eric Tanguy wrote:
> I plan to make 20 pc served by a fc3 server. The 20 pc will be double
> boot with fc3 and winxp. I would like to know what will the best server
> configuration for this knowing that all accounts will be on the fc3
> server (for fc3 clients and windows clients). So how to share user
> accounts from the server to the fc3 clients ? how to share user accounts
> from the server to winxp clients (i know it will be samba but what kind
> of authentication system to have the synchromisation between samba
> accounts and fc3 accounts).

You might want to look at the k12ltsp project that adds network
booting for thin clients and some other extra program to a
fedora base.  Even if you don't use the network boot facility
much of the management is the same and there is an add-on set
of scripts to manage samba/ldap authentication to combine
accounts and home directories with windows clients.
http://www.k12ltsp.org/phpwiki/

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com