RedHat registration needed for Fedora Core 4 to have up2date working??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 26 12:30:37 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 14:20 +0200, Masopust Christian wrote:

> is it true that RedHat registration and purchase of warenty is
> neccessary for up2date working on FC4??

No.  And it wouldn't help you, up2date doesn't work properly with Fedora
Core 4.  It can be made to do something, but it's a fight, and doesn't
fit into the description of working properly.

My advice, remove the rhn and up2date packages.  Since they don't work,
and you'll most probably end up doing things some other way.  i.e. YUM.

I read messages from the public lists.