tech.q: FC4 install hangs right after graphical Anaconda starts - any hints?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 12:44:27 UTC 2005

James Wilkinson wrote:
> Boot into text mode (http://www.fedorafaq.org/basics/#textonly) and
> check that boots correctly?

Sorry: thingy -- erm -- brain going. Of course that won't work if you
can't get as far as the install.

Tim's suggestion of the text-mode install is good.

I know you said that the hardware has behaved in the past, but it's
rather worrying how far you can go with dodgy RAM. memtest86+ is your
friend.

Otherwise, have you checked the CDs were burnt correctly?

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Dalek invasion at work today. I plugged them into the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | net: they behave better than some Windows boxes. They