Help recovering a filer drive

leam at reuel.net leam at reuel.net
Mon Sep 26 14:24:17 UTC 2005

Hello, could use some help recovering a drive from a Linksys filer that lost power.

The drive is a Seagate 300GB Ultra ATA that my friend was using in his filer. He says the drive was actively being used. However, when I put the drive in a linux box it sees the partition table but no filesystem. Linksys says the filesystem is ext3. The filer should support the drive size and has the proper firmware level.

I've tried to run e2fsck on it using all the superblocks lists. The filesystem should be one almost 300G linux filesystem and one small swap partition.

Any suggestions on things i can try?

ciao!

leam