Upgrade from RH9 to FC4 and missing yum

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 26 17:07:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 11:49 -0400, Hsin Wang wrote:
> yum-updateonboot

Only if you really want YUM to run at bootup and do updates to your
system, first thing.  Doesn't sound a good idea to me.

> yum-utils

No idea what's specifically in there, beyond the brief blurb it uses to
describe itself, but I don't have them (and YUM works fine for me).

> yumex

Gives you a GUI to see what's available for update, or fresh install,
from the website, and will automatically fetch any other packages
required for an installation/update.

I've *also* installed this on my system.  It's quite handy.  Not only do
you see what's available, but you've also got the descriptions to go
with the packages.

I read messages from the public lists.