WPA2 for Intel 2915ABG?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 26 23:53:28 UTC 2005

--On Sunday, September 25, 2005 4:46 PM +0200 Per Steinar Iversen
<PerSteinar.Iversen at hio.no> wrote:

> WEP encryption also work, though Linksys seems to think that 128 bits ==
> 104 bits

Linksys is correct. 128 is the marketing number, 104 is the real one:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEP>

> The real problem is getting WPA to work, using what is called AES
> encryption by Linksys. Is this at all supported by the IPW2200 driver?

I believe you'll need a Radius server for the WAP to consult. (I just found
out that Fedora comes with freeradius, and the freeradius home page
includes a link to a magazine article on how to set up WPA.
<http://freeradius.org/>)