Corrupted FAT32 writing with FC3

Alex Janssen alex at ourwoods.org
Tue Sep 27 02:54:44 UTC 2005

Hello,
I've set up my laptop to dual boot Windos XP Home and Fedora Core 3.
The drive is partitioned with ntfs, fat32 and ext3.  I have Mozilla
Thunderbird on Win and Linux setup to use the same files.  This seems to
work fine most  of the time.  But, whenever I compact the t-bird files
from the Linux side, Windows reports that the Thunderbird directories
or  files are corrupt and unreadable.  I don't know if this is a problem
with Thunderbird(unlikely), Linux, Windows or the drive itself.  I have
run a disk sector scan from windows yielding no errors.  Usually, the
newly created mail files are crosslinked with another file.
I've Googled a bunch of stuff and found nothing specific to FC3.  Has
anyone else had any problems like this?

I'm buffaloed.
Alex

--