Auto-activate Bluetooth mouse when available?

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 07:10:43 UTC 2005

On 9/26/05, Patrick <fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just got an Acer Ferrari laptop, installed FC4 x86_64 & updated it.
> Now I'm trying to automate the activation of the Bluetooth mouse. To add
> a twist the laptop has a button which enables/disables the Bluetooth
> functionality. During boot Bluetooth is disabled by default.

I've got an Acer laptop too. It seems the front button to enable bluetooth
triggers the internal bluetooth receiver usb connect/disconnect. I don't
know if anybody figured out how to do that in software...

What I am trying to accomplish: any time I press the Bluetooth button
> the appropriate Bluetooth modules are loaded together with other actions
> required to activate the mouse so I can use the mouse in the console
> (with the gpm service) or in X.
>
> Results so far:
> With a little help from Google I found out that to activate Bluetooth I
> put these lines in /etc/modprobe.conf:
> install hci_usb /etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth start ; \
> /sbin/modprobe -v --ignore-install -i hci_usb
> remove hci_usb /etc/rc.d/init.d/bluetooth stop ; \
> /sbin/modprobe -v --ignore-remove -r hci_usb

If you load the bluetooth service at boot-up (/sbin/chkconfig --level 345
bluetooth on) it should autoload the correct module. I don't have to do that
for my phone. Maybe it helps with your mouse...
I don't have a bt mouse, so I can't help you with that I'm afraid.

Klaasjan