network tools and wireless configuration

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Tue Sep 27 21:21:35 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 00:49, Tóth Imre wrote:
> I think, you forget now the wpa-psk. I think it's a big suck! Really!
> The best solution, you remove the wpa-psk package, and you install the
> same one. It's names wireless-tools. This package has include iwconfig
> and iwlist command. This is the most important while you want to connect
> the wireless network. When you install wireless-tools, you use the
> system-config-network util and set up the wireless connection with
> wizard. Which network card use you? Which driver? Ndiswrapper? You don't
> forget load the kernel module with your card, before you use
> system-config-network. Ok?

I tried to use system-config-network but I fail at inputting the wpa-psk
authentication phrase (there's no such field, so I guess this tool is not
suitable for the job).
I'm using a atheros wireless device. I've had it working before with madwifi
but somehow it stopped working after my FC4 upgrade.

Regards,
Marcel