FC/SCSI disk expert advice wanted

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Wed Sep 28 13:10:29 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Looking for someone who can point me in the right direction (mailing
list perhaps, or some off-line advice)

I have a bunch of Netapp FC disks:

[root at testbox ~]# sg_logs /dev/sg0
     NETAPP    X232_ST173404FC   NA29

I'm trying to get them to do something, and all I get out of them pretty
much is this kind of response:

[root at testbox ~]# sg_turs /dev/sg0
test unit ready: SCSI status: Check Condition
  Fixed format, current;  Sense key: Not Ready
  Additional sense: Logical unit not ready, cause not reportable
   Field replaceable unit code: 2
plus...: Driver_status=0x08 [DRIVER_SENSE, SUGGEST_OK]
Completed 1 Test Unit Ready commands with 1 errors

Question is: are all these drives dead, or do they need some sort of
coaxing with the SCSI mode pages to get them to work as normal
(non-NAS/RAID) disks?

thanks!

-Mike