ppp question again.

Strong s-strong at mail.ru
Wed Sep 28 13:49:56 UTC 2005

I want to make ppp-connection under usual user (if it's safe, for now it
is done under root - I'm the only user on this machine) - i think may
this can help me to kill pppd when connection fails and the daemon does
not control the situation...

So, i found in ifup-ppp the following line that generate error 36:
exec /sbin/ppp-watch "${CONFIG##ifcfg-}" "$2"
as I start it simply by typing:
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-ppp /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-mf_gprs

I checked /sbin/ppp-watch permissions, it is rwxr-xr-x - so ok.
I do not understand what ${CONFIG##ifcfg-} means - I guess it hold the
reason...

So want to ask You, how make it done: to make user able to make
ppp-connection?
Big thanks for Your precious answers.

--
Best regards,