What is this rawhide thing?

Robert Firth rjfirth at iee.org
Wed Sep 28 14:46:02 UTC 2005

Hi!

I am trying to install FC4 from dvd onto a Dell PowerEdge SC420.  The
graphical installation fails, which I think is explained by Bugzilla
#161242, which admits to a problem with x11 and vesa adapters.  This
talks about a fix having been imported to rawhide - but what is this
rawhide thing?  Does it provide an updated dvd iso image for FC4?  Bear
in mind that I don't have a system installed as yet, so an updated
xorg-x11 rpm is no use to me, nor can I use yum or up2date.
Unfortunately I need to use the graphical installation because I am
trying to install to a pair of sata disks configured with software
raid-1, and the text version of disk druid doesn't seem to support this.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Robert Firth <rjfirth at iee.org>
Tonbridge, Kent, UK