Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Wed Sep 28 19:21:49 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 03:49, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Right now I'm coding in the MS world and I curse every time I run into the
> "source wall" of the OS or a proprietary driver for which I have no source,
> and can't do more than try to create a reproducible crash.

This I recognise very well and even if it is so my management still doesn't
believe that I can't do anything to improve the situation in a short time. I
totally depend on suppliers to solve the issue in their driver/firmware.
On the other hand I also spend much time in helping out my suppliers. In most
cases if their support is not in time or not sufficient it will be the last
time I use them as a supplier. So far most support has been adequate, except
for MS (who's support was the worst I've ever met).
If all my suppliers (some of them do) support Linux, the choice would be very
simple for me and I'd move all my things to Linux immediately.

Regards,
Marcel