yum is extremely slow

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 05:12:27 UTC 2005

So, there's a good question, Should I upgrade my new box to FC4? How would I
go about it? Disks or upgrade this system. This system was installed at the
factory, and even though I've polluted it with crude attempts at working
with yum and rpm and apt, I am reluctant to trash it. I'd like to play with
Ubuntu too, as I have had good success with it on other systems. However, I
like FC3 so far.

Perhaps I can install separately an FC4. This machine has been set up at the
factory with LVM, over one 74GB and one 250GB drive. As one Volume Group. I
assume I can shrink the VG, I am new to LVM. THen install on a different
partition or different VG? I can't find any info on this in my cursory
review of the LVM HOWTO.

Thanks for the information. I thought Python might have something to do with
it.

Alan

On 9/29/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-09-28 at 23:33 -0500, Jonathan Berry wrote:
>

> > Probably a good suggestion, but are there not updated yum packages for
> FC3 also?
>
> I believe FC3 has an older Python, and the newer yum was not backported
> to the FC3 Python.
>
> I might be wrong.
>
> --

~/.signature