problem with cgi-bin rewrite

Andreas Sartori andreas.sartori at fh-salzburg.ac.at
Thu Sep 29 09:32:55 UTC 2005

hi all,

i got some serious problem regarding my webserver.

in former times our webserver hat the public_html structure like:
/home/$user/
/home/$user/cgi-bin

now, we got much more people to serve, we did the home structure like,
for security reasons cgi-bin is at the same directory level as htdocs:
/home/$city/staff/$user/htdocs
/home/$city/staff/$user/cgi-bin
/home/$city/student/$user/htdocs
/home/$city/student/$user/cgi-bin

i found no way to serve cgi functinality to our students.
it should be accessed by ~user/cgi-bin/...

i tried alot with scriptaliasmatch, wrote some rewrite map/rule,
but seems like i cant combine scriptaliasmatch and a rewritemap.

anyone knows how to make this working.

thanks in advice

-andy

--
FACHHOCHSCHULE SALZBURG GmbH

Andreas Sartori
Systems Engineer
IS Information Services

Urstein Sued 1 | 5412 Puch/Salzburg | Austria
fon:  +43 (0)50-2211-1655 | fax: 1699
web: www.fh-salzburg.ac.at

WELCOME TO YOUR FUTURE!