Where can I get vacation ?

Joel Jaeggli joelja at darkwing.uoregon.edu
Thu Sep 29 19:48:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Guy Fraser wrote:

> Yes I need a holiday, but not until I find the vacation binary
> or source.
>
> I know it is part of the sendmail source, but there is no
> binary version I can find.
>
> Any help appreciated.

a procmail ruleset that mimics the function of vacation looks like this
(just put your message in .vacation.msg) change the uoregon.edu bits to
your own host obviously...:

# Procmail magic - FROM_DAEMON screens for common daemon
# info and should catch most lists and not send a message
# so first we filter & build the cache:

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
       * !^FROM_DAEMON
       * !^FROM_MAILER
       | formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

# Then we send the vacation msg -
# Only run this rule if the last rule didn't match,
# meaning it will only mail each individual user once.

       :0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
       | (formail -rA"Precedence: junk" \
          -A"X-Loop: $USER at uoregon.edu" ; \
       cat $HOME/.vacation.msg; \
       echo ""; \