iptables

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Sep 30 14:59:31 UTC 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 10:08 am, Lovell Mcilwain wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Can anyone recommended a good iptables tutorial or a GUI that I can use
> to configure my iptables?
>
> My linux box is getting slammed from hackers trying to get in and I
> would like to start doing some preventative measures.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lovell
Firestarter is the simplest GUI and works well as long as you don't need to do
complicated configuration.
Then, there is guarddog, shorewall, and fwbuilder that are frequently
mentioned, here. My personal favorite is fwbuilder - it seems to be the most
configurable, at least to me - others will probably chime in.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA