java web start broken

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Fri Sep 30 20:15:50 UTC 2005

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 19:59, John Wendel wrote:
>
>>I just installed the latest JDK from Sun using rpms built with the
>>jpackage spec file. The install seemed to work properly and everything
>>that I've tried works, except java web start.
>>
>>strace shows the error, javaws looping on
>>
>>waitid(P_PID, 3163, 0xbff85180, 0, NULL) = -1 EINVAL (Invalid argument)
>>
>>This is the same bug that was in 1.4.2.crap. bug.sun.com shows that
>>it's fixed in 5.2 (where's that?).
>>
>>If anyone has a fix to share (that doesn't involve a preload .so), I'd
>>appreciate it.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>John
>

> The 1.5.0_3 version has been working for me under FC3 for some time.  I
> loaded the package directly from Sun.  You might try that.

I'm running this, also directly from Sun:

[jwendel at Godzilla1 ~]$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_05"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_05-b05)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_05-b05, mixed mode, sharing)

If it's not too much trouble, where did you find 1.5.0_3 ?

Thanks,

John