Tablet PC

Chris Spencer gmane.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Fri Sep 30 21:19:59 UTC 2005

Stanley Davis wrote:
> Will FC4 work on a notebook/tablet pc?  I am considering purchasing one but they seem to come with a special install of Windows XP tablet pc edition.  Does linux have supprt for tablet pc yet?

Yes. The Linux Wacom Project (linuxwacom.sourceforge.net) should allow
you to utilize the tablet functionality in Linux. Although it requires
some modifications to your xorg.conf file (documented on the website).
You can install this driver on Fedora with the command "yum install
linuxwacom". I've used a traditional Wacom tablet under Fedora quite
well with this driver.

If you're still unsure, I suggest Googling for others who have installed
Linux on the machine in question. Many write articles detailing their
successes and failures, and these may give you an insight into how well
the linuxwacom driver supports that particular tablet pc.

Chris