Issues using a USB mouse with X/Gnome?

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Fri Sep 30 23:00:28 UTC 2005

I'm using FC3, with a Logitech Wireless Comfort Duo keyboard/mouse
combination, through an IOGear IGS1734 VGA/USB KVM.

The issue is the following.  When I move the mouse, do an up/down
mouse click, and then move the mouse, sometimes X (or Gnome)
gets a little confused and thinks I'm doing a drag-and-drop (as if it
saw the down-move-up events instead of down-up-move events
coming from the mouse).

Is this a common problem?  Is there a simple fix like tweaking a
threshold, etc. that I could make that would eliminate this occasional
but irritating problem?

Thanks,

-Philip