Matthew Saltzman mjs at
Sun Apr 2 03:18:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006, Leon wrote:

> Thank you Craig and Kam. However selinux will disable flash plugin for
> firefox, prevent mplayer from playing .mkv files, etc. All of these
> are quite essential for desktop users.

No problem here with flash-plugin-7.0.63-1 from the repo accessible at  I haven't played .mkv files, but no
problems here with mplayer and the usual suspects.

Just ran into some problems with amanda, but haven't debugged them yet.

As SElinux evolves (pretty rapidly) these problems are lessening.  Report
issues you find on the fedora-selinux list.  Also AIUI, it's getting
easier to manage SElinux yourself.  I haven't looked into that very much

 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu