How to activate euro key?

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 2 17:01:51 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 18:29 +0200, Colin Brace wrote:
> On 4/2/06, Patrick <fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the info Colin. That indeed works for the $ sign when I hit
> > shift-4 and the € sign when I hit AltGr-5. But the the two keys
> > dedicated to $ and € still fail to work. Any other tips?
>
> Sorry, no idea at all; I didn't know keyboards existed with special
> keys *dedicated* to $ and €, only ones with the standard layout that
> you mention above. Where did you find such a thing?

Acer Ferrari 4005 WMLi laptop. See a pic of the keyboard here:
http://www.notebookreview.com/assets/7448.jpg
It has a $ sign on the 4 key and a € sign on the 5 key and those work
fine. Besides those, the lower right part of the keyboard shows an up /\
and a down \/ key. The dedicated dollar key sits to the right of the
up /\ key and the dedicated euro key to the left. The dedicated dollar
key generates scancode e034 and works fine if you assign it a value of
166 with setkeycodes e034 166. But if you do something similar with the
dedicated euro key like setkeycodes e033 205 than pressing the euro key
results in printing a euro sign and than the laptop suspends. The 166
and 205 values are apparently arbitrary as nobody could explain the
choice for those 166 and 205 values.

Regards,
Patrick