usbdisk?

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Mon Apr 3 16:13:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-04 at 12:59 -0800, Knute Johnson wrote:
> Anybody know why on FC5 my usb disk shows up as just /media/disk and
> not /media/usbdisk?  Both are in /etc/fstab.

Is the disk labeled "disk"?

FC5 will mount the drive as :

/media/<label>

NOTE: you may need to relabel any USB disks that have a forward
slash, that plus SELinux caused be a bit of grief, when I was
trying to mount my old FC3 drive using a USB2 adaptor to copy
my mail and some other files from my home directory. After
relabelling and disabling SELinux, I got what I needed. I am
glad there is starting to be some SELinux GUI configuration
tools. It seems quite difficult to figure out, and I have to be
honest I have not spent much time trying to figure it out. Being
a mere mortal, I do not have the time or initiative to learn
how SELinux works, so that I can figure out how to fix it. I
have other significant software projects, that consume my RnD
time, so when it causes me grief, I disable it, then re-enable
when I am done. Maybe  some day I will find the courage to
figure it out, but it won't be any time soon, my current
project will take me at least a month or more.

TTFN