Citrix ICA Client vs. SELinux

Eric Brunson brunson at brunson.com
Mon Apr 3 17:49:53 UTC 2006

With the latest upgrade of the kernel (2.6.16-1.2080_FC5) my Citrix
client stopped working.  Booting into the previous kernel
(2.6.15-1.2054_FC5) will allow me to run it, but in the current kernel
on two machines it segfaults, on the machine I'm on now it gives this error:

    clotho(~)$ /usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica -icaroot /usr/lib/ICAClient -nosplash -desc hemo1

    Error: 75 (E_DYNLOAD_FAILED)

    Please refer to the documentation.

    Error loading dynamic module:

     "/usr/lib/ICAClient/CHARICONV.DLL"

    /usr/lib/ICAClient/CHARICONV.DLL: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

The "Permission denied" led me to try disabling selinux enforcement,
which allowed it to run again.  Is there enough information in the
message above for someone to speculate on a policy change that will
allow that dll to load?

Thanks,
e.