question on networks

Bob Schmidt bob58523 at charter.net
Mon Apr 3 18:45:33 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I'm new to Fedora, and Gnome. I get this error message when trying to
connect to another computer on my home network:

The filename "CLINE" indicates that this file is of type "desktop
configuration file". The contents of the file indicate that the file is
of type "x-directory/smb-share". If you open this file, the file might
present a security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received
the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to the
correct extension for "x-directory/smb-share", then open the file
normally. Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a specific
application for the file.

I am running fedora core 5, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob