post installation help

carriage return ebwximaurm at mailinator.com
Mon Apr 3 21:34:14 UTC 2006

Ryne Sechrist wrote:
> ok well i installed fedora 5 on my compaq computer i used the text
> version...well i thought something was weird when it said installation
> was complete and i only used 2 cds (and i had to have five?) well it
> said to reboot, which i did...and when it reebooted it runs a bunch of
> tests and never loads the GUI instead it gets to ..... Localhost Login
> screen and i have no idea what to type....did i miss something? i put in
> a root password at installation but never a login or anything? what do i
> do? i just want to get to the desktop....i looked in the installation
> guide and it shows an example through the graphical interface so i shut
> down the computer and put the first disk in and did the upgrade with the
> graphical installation....well it loaded something and then said
> installation complete (only used disk one) and it said to reboot, which
> i did. and when i rebooted, it asks for my login again....what do i do??
> any help please? i just want to have fedora on this computer...thanks

geerynethisisverydifficulttoanswersinceyouseemtothinkthatpunctuationis
superflousandhindersunderstandingformeregeniusessuchasyourselfbecausemy
computerhasshiftkeysanscarriagereturnsorisitthatmyschooltaughtmehowto
punctuatebutthenmaybeyourejustasimpletonorthumbmonkeythatreallydoesnt
expectanybodytopayattentiontoyourgibberishbutthenmaybeyourcompaqisd
efectiveandhasnocarriagereturnorshiftkeyoryourtoopoortoupgradetoonethat
doesandifyoudontgiveashiticertainlydonteitherbut

perhaps you should switch back to Microsoft or maybe we will all chip in
and send you some carriage returns for your third birthday.

I hope you find that response useful.