Java plugin for x86_64?

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 23:04:07 UTC 2006

Andrew Robinson wrote:
> I followed the instructions in the Unofficial Fedora FAQ for
> installing Java. When I got to the end, I discovered there was no plug
> in module for Mozilla (Firefox). Anyone know if the plug in exists for
> x86_64? If so, where can I find it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Robinson

Java (and Macromedia and others) does not believe 64-bit systems are in
mainstream use, so they have not developed a 64-bit plugin (for
anything). They're all dropping the ball here, but as another reply
stated, for now you can install a 32-bit version of firefox alongside
the 64-bit one to use 32-bit plugins.
-Dan