VMware and Fedora Core 5

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Apr 4 00:46:12 UTC 2006

Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
> Has anyone had difficulty in installing VMware 5.5.1 in Fedora Core 5?
> I cannot find the configuration file in /usr/bin directory in order to
> finish the installation.  Does anyone know what to do here?  I am
> installing VMware on a IBM ThinkPad T-30.

In looking through the archives (You did look in the archives?) I didn't
read about anyone not being able to find vmware-config.pl or other
vmware binaries.  Is that your issue?

Others have had problems running vmware-config.pl...but that question
has been asked/answered quite a few times.  But, you will probably need
to know that eventually.  So, I'll just cut/paste the last response to
that query....

After getting errors when running vmware-config.pl

"Seems other users have reported this issue and have resolved it.
Looking back on the archives...the key seems to have been
vmware-any-any-update99.

A google of that will bring you to info on where to get it, and how to
install."

--
Your talents will be recognized and suitably rewarded.