SElinux

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Tue Apr 4 16:52:41 UTC 2006

Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006, Robert Nichols wrote:
>
> This (blocking redirected pings) seemed bizarre to me, so I brought it
> up on the fedora-selinux list.
>
> Good News: I had the resolution in about 45 minutes.
>
> Bad News (maybe): It's apparently an actual bug.  I will bugzilla later
> if Robert doesn't relent and do it first.
>
> Sort-of Good News: Once it's fixed, that issue will be resolved,
> presumably for good.

I'm not the one experiencing the problem, so I shouldn't be filing
the bug report.  I just used it as a particularly outrageous
example, the way newpapers post stories about dogs getting
summoned for jury duty.  I must have missed the resolution.  All
I saw was the workaround: "ping ... | cat >file".  Yuck!

--
Bob Nichols         Yes, "NOSPAM" is really part of my email address.