ntfs on kernel 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5smp

Dan grinnz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:23:08 UTC 2006

Tiago C. Vilarim wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> I'm getting some difficulties by enabling ntfs suport in kernel
> 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5smp . I can't find a rpm packege by running yum and
> worst than this, I can't get the kernel 2.6.16-1.2080_FC5smp source :(
>
> Does anybody have an idea?
>
> Best Regards...
Didn't see your first post? ;)
Did you install kmod-ntfs from livna for 2.6.15-1.2054_FC5smp? It's the
same deal, just update it. If you don't have livna,
rpm -Uvh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release5.rpm
should set you up. Right now kmod-ntfs (and nvidia, ati, madwifi, etc)
is being updated rather than being installed alongside, like kernels,
which isn't desired behavior, I've filed a bug at livna.

If you still need to install the source, it's kernel-devel or
kernel-smp-devel in your case. The kmod-ntfs should be enough though.
For more info, http://www.linux-ntfs.org .
-Dan