Samba

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Apr 4 22:59:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 17:51 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> antonio montagnani wrote:
> >
> > sorry for having started this thread...I find Samba not easy to set
> > up, and iptables is running.
>
> I'm a newbie Samba user as well, and just recently managed to get
> my system working properly. It is emphatically not easy to configure.
>
> The fact that many of the knowledgable people here are also factious
> is not your fault :-)
----
I suppose I resemble that remark.

My first post to the list in answer of his problems stated clearly that
users homes directories would not work with 'security = share' - at
least not in any sense that might be expected. Thus the information was
there for him to restate what he was trying to accomplish (which I asked
for clarification), which he did and to which he was given direction.

Craig