Problem with File Manager (SU mode)

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 02:37:14 UTC 2006

Problem:

File Manager (Konqueror) in SU mode is trying to open folders with a text
editor (Kate) instead of diving into the sub-folders.

History:

I have Parkinson's disease and have poor control of the mouse.  I'm assuming
that I either  hit the wrong button or moved the mouse when I hit a button.
Things were working correctly after I installed FC5 (final) last month and
for about a week thereafter.  Then I noticed the above behavior and have not
been able to correct it since.

I've searched google and the Konqueror config files but haven't found anything
yet.  I could, of course, just re-install it but then I wouldn't learn what I
had done in case I do it again.

Anyone have a pointer where to look?

Thanks,
Tom