Samba

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 5 12:45:25 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 23:13 +0200, antonio montagnani wrote:
> From Linux machines, I can see any share on Win machines.This step is
> very easy Now I want that any logged user (i.e. John) may see his home
> folders on others machines where he can log as John (both Linux and
> Windows)

I've always found it did this by default.  All you had to do was make
sure that users keep on using the same username and password on each
machine, and also set up the same credentials as "samba users" on the
Samba server.

> and any user can see a common folder located on a particular machine.

That's doable, but not a default.  You have to customise Samba for that,
though it's not too hard to do from reading the manual and sample
configuration file.

I read messages from the public lists.