eth0 not working

Washington, CJ (OCTO) CJ.Washington at dc.gov
Wed Apr 5 20:49:36 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I just started using Fedora Core 5 and installed it on a Compaq Deskpro
desktop.  The install went fine but for some reason, I'm not able to ping
outside of my own IP address.  I think that there is an issue with the eth0
because when I went to shutdown the Kernel, everything shutdown except the
eth0.  It hung for hours.  Is there anything special I need to do to get my
Ethernet interface on the Desktop to work with Fedora Core 5?  Before this,
I was able to use the port when Windows XP was installed on the machine.
Also, when I took a look at the hardware using the Linux GUI, it stated that
the eth0 was enabled and working.  Can you please assist?

CJ Washington

MPLS Engineer

OCTO (DCNet)

CCIE# 4683