FC5 breaks Accelrys InsightII

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Apr 5 22:15:31 UTC 2006

    I understand the origin of the breakage of InsightII by
Fedora Core 5 a little better now. It appears that the InsightII
2005 scripts were automatically setting...

setenv LD_ASSUME_KERNEL  2.4.9

which Fedora Core 4 tolerates. Under glibc 2.4 of FC5, this
causes the error...

ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

rendering all binaries unusable. However if I don't set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
environmental I get the error...

/usr/accelrys/I2005/Linux_2_Intel_32/biosym_exe/insightII: relocation error: /usr/accelrys/I2005/Linux_2_Intel_32/biosymso/libcblib.so: symbol errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

Anyone know what LD_ASSUME_KERNEL settings are valid in glibc 2.4?
                    Jack