VMware 5.5.1 fails to start After update on FC5

Terry Snyder terryjr386 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 22:41:38 UTC 2006

I am getting this error when I try to launch vmware.

/usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot restore
segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

I updated the Kernel today and now can't open the program.  I am unsure if
this is a result of the kernel update or one of the other updates that was
installed on the computer today.

Where should I look for this one.  I am running this on a computer that was
upgraded from FC4 to FC5, and I have installed the vmware-any-any-update101.