Fedora auth to Windows Active Directory

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Apr 6 00:52:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

Has anyone authenticated a Linux box to a Windows Active Directory
server without using Samba?  That is, only using kerberos on the Linux
side?

I have it running (I can use kinit and get a ticket from the Win ADS)
from a terminal.  But, when I try logging in from GDM, the user is never
found.  So, I'm fairly confident the pam for GDM needs to be configured
to support kerberos.

I haven't had any luck finding HOW to do this.  If anyone has any
pointers, I'd appreciate.

Oh, if anyone has any opinions on using Samba instead of Kerberos,
please let them be know.  I'm interested in the pros and cons.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu