Wireless comnection

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 6 01:01:42 UTC 2006

David McCormick wrote:
> I upgraded my 32 bit laptop which uses ndiswrapper and my 64 bit machine
> which uses madwifi by yum today and now neither one will connect to the
> router.
> They both show the network and that the signal is strong. Connection
> fails on both.  My wife's XP box connects OK so it looks like something
> in the upgrade. I have tried disabling Selinux and the fire wall that
> doesn't help. Anyone else had this problem?
>
> David

Look in the fedora-list archives for a post by Robert Locke on 4/01/06
in a thread titled "Unable to get Atheros based drivers working".  Using
the information in his post, I got my laptop Netgear Cardbus card
working great.  Forget about NetworkManager for now and Use Wireless
Assistant (wlassistant package) once you get the card configured.

Good Luck

Gerry