XDMCP enabling

J. K. Cliburn jcliburn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 01:33:21 UTC 2006

On 4/5/06, Skidmore, Stanley G <stanley.g.skidmore at boeing.com> wrote:

> Good Afternoon,
> Does anybody have any experience in enabling XDMCP? What all needs to be
> tuned on or is there a interface that may help? Any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.

Disclaimer: I haven't enabled and tested xdmcp in FC5, so I haven't
tried what I'm about to suggest.

Run /usr/sbin/gdmsetup and see especially the "Remote" and "Security"
tabs.  gdm.conf seems to have gone missing (by design, I presume) in
FC5, and it's there that XDMCP would ordinarily be enabled or
disabled.  The only conf file I can find relating to gdm is
/etc/gdm/custom.conf, which contains commentary directing us to use
gdmsetup.