YUM Problems after Initital FC5 Install

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Apr 6 20:40:17 UTC 2006

Chalonec Roger wrote:
> I have installed FC5 but when I run YUM is get lots of different errors
> so I ran yum clean all.  Most errors went away but now I have:
>
> Header not complete
>
> I tried yum clean all again but that did not do anything.  I am behind a
> transparent proxy server. Are there any known problems with proxy
> servers?  Does FC5 YUM use any special ports?  Does anyone know what
> port YUM uses to communicative?  Is it a TCP port?

Does FTP go through the transparent proxy? Try looking at
http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc5 and
choosing a FTP mirror. Put that into the appropriate repo file.

(Hint: look in /etc/yum.repos.d/* for mirrorlist, and do the obvious
substitutions...)

Hope this helps,

James.
--
E-mail address: james | The "Power Switch" on ATX supplies, like traffic
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | lights in Paris, really is just a polite suggestion.