Ftp client

Gerry Tool gstool at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 7 01:54:52 UTC 2006

Ale Alf wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> Is there any ftp graphic client for fedora 4 that you recomend me?
>
> Thxs
> Alex

I have used gftp for many years

yum install gftp

However, I now mostly use Konqueror, even though my GUI is gnome.  It is
very easy to set up in split window mode with source in one window,
destination in the other.  You can bookmark the locations to make later
use easy.  One of the benefits is if the connection drops, Konqueror is
much faster to reestablish the connection than gftp is.  Also, direct
dragging works well while in gftp one has to make selections and then
click on an arrow to effect the transfer.

Gerry