Trouble installing FC5

Jörn Rink j.rink at freenet.de
Fri Apr 7 06:31:09 UTC 2006

Am Thu, 6 Apr 2006 21:51:16 -0500
hat "Joe Fullenkamp" <joe at fullenkamp.net> (Joe Fullenkamp) folgendes
geschrieben:

Hi Joe,

> I am trying to install Fedora Core 5 on a Compaq Presario 7110US, and
> can't get passed the initial boot from the installation CD.  I
> verified the hash of the files I downloaded.  The CD boots, brings up
> the splash screen, and I hit enter to start the install from CD.  It
> outputs a bunch of information about my system, the last line says
> "Uniform CD-ROM driver revision: 3.20", and then everything hangs.

HM, Suse 9.x has Problem on a thinkpad, when no floppy is connected.
Anyway, FC5 installs here on my T23 without a floppy connected, give it
a try, or has your laptop both, a cdrom and a floppy in the case?

You also can try to install from web, nfs or local http. Then you have
to boot the installation with askmethod parameter, perhaps the cdrom
driver makes problems.

God Luck,
 Joern Rink