query on SELinux

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 16:35:54 UTC 2006

Globe Trotter wrote:
> I have a separate mounted drive containing /usr/local. My userspace is on
> /usr/local/trotter. It also contains my user account. When SELinux is updated:
> it often complains that the definitions are not set. How can this resolved?
>
> I don't want to move my login from /usr/local. I do not have a /home directory
> and I do not want one.

To be honest, you're fighting SELinux. Stop it. Accept a /home directory
or turn off SELinux.

Yes, you can fix it. But each time you have a relabel, SELinux will
complain.

The only other really viable policy is to patch SELinux policies each
time they come out. At the end of that, you'll know more about them than
most Red hat employees (and a lot more than I do!)

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Ah yes. Thingie and thingamagig, and I'll throw in
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | whatchamacallit too. Because in tech support, "button"