Fedora Foundation

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Apr 7 19:09:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 13:31 -0500, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:03:31AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 20:22 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > > I am personally fine with this. As always, you have my support and
> > > utmost gratitude.
> > >
> > > The only objection that I have is that by tossing it out to the list,
> > > you have invited the list to comment upon it but commentary on this
> > > heavy traffic is more than you and the rest of the board, save Rahul
> > > seem to want to deal with and you provided no other avenue for
> > > commentary.
> >
> > Not all of the board needs to read all the comments and its not hard to
> > follow a single thread even in a high traffic list. I can summarize and
> > followup with the board on important questions if needed. If you have a
> > better idea for getting feedback, we can take in that suggestion too.
> > The floor is open.
> >

> > Rahul
> It seems to me you need a separate list just for this purpose.

You say this here but later conclude the separate lists diffuses
communication.

>  You
> filtering comments to members of the Board seems inadequate in my
> view.

Why not? I didnt hear much comments at all. I can point the entire
thread to everyone involved if that helps better.

> Previously , in the face of complaints you told me I was on the
> wrong list.

Yes. Users talking among themselves arent going to reach developers.

>  Recently I happened to look at the number of fedora
> lists and they are many.

Yes. There are different sub projects. Not something unique about
Fedora.

>  This diffuse channel for information
> transmittal between the community and the board seems inefficient
> and not conducive to communication.

I dont see any problems but if you do, do you have any solutions?

Rahul